What do I need to do to finalize a photo?
If your photo is accepted by our picture editors, you will receive an email with further instructions on the necessary steps needed to publish your photo. You will also find your accepted photo on MyPhotocase > My Photos > My Unfinalized Photos.
To publish your photo on Photocase, you need to supply us with some additional information. This information includes things like the description of your photo as well as information (keywords or tags) that will help our search engine find your photo when someone searches for it.
- Title - A name for your photo, chosen by you
- Category - Look through the categories and choose at least two suitable categories into which you would like to sort your photo. Users who are poking around within these categories will find your photo here.
- Keywords - While you need only add Keywords in point-form, these are extremely important for the future of your photo. You must include at least 6 and no more than 32. Keywords are how people find your photo when they search. You can find out more about Keywords here.
- Description - Please feel free to add some additional information about your photo in this section. Where you took it, why/how you took it, what kind of setup was used, what kind of film/camera...?
- Lightboxes - If you have a series of images, you can use this function to combine these into a group.
- Property Release - If there is something in your photo that would require permission from the owner to publish, then we will need the necessary release form granting you the permission to publish images of their property.
- Model Release - If there are people shown, you require their permission before you can publish the photo. We will ask you for this separately.
For each finalized and published photo, you will earn some Download Credits.